At CMC, your privacy is our priority.
In the course or providing you services, we collect personal information to help identify your specific requirements, to open your account(s), to process your transactions and to help us provide you with a better level of service. We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information we collect.
Our relationship with you is our most important asset. We understand that you have entrusted us with your private information, and we will continue to do everything we can to maintain that trust.
Details of our approach to privacy and how your personal information is collected and used are set forth in the
Throughout the policy, we refer to information that personally identifies you or your accounts as "personal information."
We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- We disclose personal information to companies that help us process or service your transactions or account(s), including companies that print and mail your account statements.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve consumer disputes, perform credit/authentication checks, or for institutional risk control.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information
with third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so.
We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to administer your accounts and serve you better.
- Application and registration information. We collect information that you provide to us when you open an account or register for one of our services. The information we collect may include name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, and information about your interests, investments, and investment experience. We also may collect information from consumer reporting agencies.
- Transaction information. Once you have an account with us, to administer
your account and better serve you, we collect and maintain personal
information about your transactions, including balances, positions, and
history, and may include your name or other data in an internal client list
that reflects your activities.
We use your personal information to fulfill our regulatory obligations and to help us deliver the best possible service to you.
- For example, we may use your personal information to provide faster more convenient services or to alert you to products and services you may find useful.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- Companies we hire to provide support services are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of your personal information to the performance of the specific service we have requested.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees and agents for business purposes only. All employees are trained and required to safeguard such information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.
We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us so that we may promptly update our records.
We will provide notice of changes in our information-sharing practices.
If, at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to opt-out of such disclosure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 248-540-7511.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. If you are a client and have a concern about your personal or account information maintained at any of the Confidential Management Companies, or want to correct, update, or confirm your information, please call us at 248-540-7511. We will be happy to review and update our records..